1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
2 cups red quinoa (400g), rinsed
3 medium fennel (1.25kg), trimmed, halved lengthways, cut into 1cm slices
3 red and 3 yellow medium capsicums, cut into 3cm pieces
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
3/4 cup chopped dill
12 x 150g firm, white fish fillets, skin on
Lemon cheeks, to serve
Dill sprigs, to garnish
1. Place stock in a medium saucepan over a high heat. Bring to boil. Add quinoa. Return to boil. Gently simmer, covered, for 20 minutesor until tender. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, divide fennel, capsicums and ¹/3 cup of the oil between two large roasting pans. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
3. Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for 45 minutes or until golden and tender.
4. Add half the quinoa to each roasting pan with roasted vegetables. Add dill. Toss well.
5. Season fish. Drizzle with remaining oil.
6. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add fish in three batches. Cook, skin-side down, for 3 minutes. Place fish, skin-side up, over roasted vegetable mixture.
7. Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for 10 minutes or until cooked.
8. Serve with lemon. Garnish with dill sprigs.
The radio star lost 12.3kg on DWTS – winning!