Behold the May New Moon, in the sign of Taurus. It's time to make a wish and if that wish is to do with Taurean things like sensuality, creature comforts and good food, so much the better. Read on for more ideas about what to do with a New Moon in Taurus...
Here are the New Moon times around the world.
SYDNEY: May 7, 5.29am
LONDON: May 6, 8.29pm
MONTREAL/NEW YORK: May 6, 3.29pm
AUCKLAND: May 7, 7.29am
PARIS: May 6, 9.29pm
The top 5 things to do with the New Moon in Taurus
1. Plan financially. One of the most obvious, and perhaps helpful, things to do at the time of the Taurus New Moon is to take a long hard look at your financial situation. Cash, property and your possessions are all in focus at this time of the year. Money is really not a dirty word, unless you make it one, so have a think about where you stand financially now, versus where you’d like to be by the end of the year. Can you increase the amount of money that you set aside as savings each week?
2. Love yourself. One of the big issues to work on around this time is your self-worth. Think about what you value in yourself and what you value at large. If you don’t value yourself, it stands to reason that other people are unlikely to do so either. Make a list of the top 5 things you value most. Are you living your life in a way that allows you to focus on these things? If not, what can you do about it? Tip: the answer is not ‘nothing’.
3. Be sensual. This is also a wonderful time to relax, if you can. Taurus may be a charging bull at times but the energy equally relates to the contented bull in the field, chewing the cud and enjoying the warm sun on its back. Use the New Moon in Taurus to take a look around your life. Ask yourself: ‘What would make my life better?’ Can you find a way to allow some creature comforts into your life? The Taurus New Moon is also sensual, so use this month to titillate yourself and your senses. Have a massage. Eat well. Sleep late. Taurus is about feeling good in your body. It’s about delicious physical pleasures and sensations, including taste, touch and smell.
4. Character check! Are you being too stubborn or too lazy? These are very reasonable questions to ask once a year, and the New Moon in the often stubborn and lazy Taurus is a wonderful time to do it. Or perhaps you aren’t being lazy enough? See point 3.
5. Persevere. The flip side of point 4 is that even though the Taurus energy can be a tad indolent (and remember, we all have Taurus in our chart somewhere!), it is also patient and earthy. Whatever you’re working on right now, be it in your personal or professional life, this New Moon comes as a sign to you to wind things down a little, and to move slowly and surely towards your goals. Perseverance is the name of the game this month. Be dependable, too.
Yasmin Boland is Yahoo7s astrologer. For more visit www.moonology.com