2 x 150g steaks
16 tbsp olive oil
Two garlic cloves, crushed
Eight sprigs of thyme
½Spanish onion, chopped
60g low-fat butter
300ml red wine
One chilli, finely chopped
1 tbsp melted dark chocolate
Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Place the steak in a bowl with half the olive oil, the garlic, pepper and thyme.
2. Melt the butter and add the onions, cooking until they're transparent. Add the wine and chilli; simmer until the liquid has reduced by half.
3. Steam the potatoes, adding the beans just before the potatoes are ready.
4. While the vegies are cooking, melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl in a pan of simmering water.
5. Add the chocolate to the wine and chilli mix.
6. Grill the steak for three to four minutes on each side. Remove from heat, allow to rest for a few minutes, then slice into thick strips and serve.
The cucumber in this refreshing green smoothie from I Quit Sugar acts as a coolant in the body, perfect during the hotter months of the year.November 20, 2015, 2:00 am
This Trifle with Tropical Fruits by Anna Polyviou is the epitome of Summer, we simply cannot think of a better treat to dig into on a hot Aussie day.November 19, 2015, 1:08 pm
Packed with goodness from our very own backyard, this bush fruit Christmas cake by Rayleen Brown is a one of a kind cake you need to make this festive season.November 19, 2015, 12:52 pm
There is no better way to bring in Summer and celebrate the festive season than with Merle Parrish's light, fluffy and fruity Pavlova from The Great Australian Cookbook .November 19, 2015, 12:28 pm
This sumptuous recipe was created by Karen Martini to celebrate Better Homes and Gardens Live. For more information and tickets visit www.bhglive.com.au. Karen’s new book, New Kitchen, is also out now.November 4, 2015, 2:35 pm