2 x 150g steaks
16 tbsp olive oil
Two garlic cloves, crushed
Eight sprigs of thyme
½Spanish onion, chopped
60g low-fat butter
300ml red wine
One chilli, finely chopped
1 tbsp melted dark chocolate
Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Place the steak in a bowl with half the olive oil, the garlic, pepper and thyme.
2. Melt the butter and add the onions, cooking until they're transparent. Add the wine and chilli; simmer until the liquid has reduced by half.
3. Steam the potatoes, adding the beans just before the potatoes are ready.
4. While the vegies are cooking, melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl in a pan of simmering water.
5. Add the chocolate to the wine and chilli mix.
6. Grill the steak for three to four minutes on each side. Remove from heat, allow to rest for a few minutes, then slice into thick strips and serve.
Warm from the oven, wonderfully sticky and fruity with a hint of spice. Try making your own hot cross buns for a traditional Easter treat that will impress your guests!March 31, 2015, 4:01 pm
It’s a chocoholic’s favourite time of year – and these beauties tick all the boxes!March 30, 2015, 3:56 pm
Mexican feastsMarch 26, 2015, 4:12 pm
These rustic roasted vegetables prove that meat doesn't always have to be the main attraction.March 26, 2015, 4:02 pm
These Mexican eggs are full of flavour and super easyMarch 26, 2015, 3:56 pm