2 x 150g steaks
16 tbsp olive oil
Two garlic cloves, crushed
Eight sprigs of thyme
½Spanish onion, chopped
60g low-fat butter
300ml red wine
One chilli, finely chopped
1 tbsp melted dark chocolate
Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Place the steak in a bowl with half the olive oil, the garlic, pepper and thyme.
2. Melt the butter and add the onions, cooking until they're transparent. Add the wine and chilli; simmer until the liquid has reduced by half.
3. Steam the potatoes, adding the beans just before the potatoes are ready.
4. While the vegies are cooking, melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl in a pan of simmering water.
5. Add the chocolate to the wine and chilli mix.
6. Grill the steak for three to four minutes on each side. Remove from heat, allow to rest for a few minutes, then slice into thick strips and serve.
This spiced eggplant with quinoa and yoghurt recipe from Cobram Estate’s Hayley Wilkinson delivers a fiery taste of the Middle East to satisfy the biggest of appetites.May 26, 2015, 4:00 pm
Yummy treats for the winter blues.May 18, 2015, 11:59 am
Recipe by Teage Ezard, head chef at BLACK by ezard, The Star Sydney.May 13, 2015, 12:05 pm
One of the biggest new trends is the rise of the takeaway Asian salad bar, where you mix and match exciting salad combos. It’s fast food with a healthy twist!May 10, 2015, 12:00 pm