2 x 150g steaks
16 tbsp olive oil
Two garlic cloves, crushed
Eight sprigs of thyme
½Spanish onion, chopped
60g low-fat butter
300ml red wine
One chilli, finely chopped
1 tbsp melted dark chocolate
Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Place the steak in a bowl with half the olive oil, the garlic, pepper and thyme.
2. Melt the butter and add the onions, cooking until they're transparent. Add the wine and chilli; simmer until the liquid has reduced by half.
3. Steam the potatoes, adding the beans just before the potatoes are ready.
4. While the vegies are cooking, melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl in a pan of simmering water.
5. Add the chocolate to the wine and chilli mix.
6. Grill the steak for three to four minutes on each side. Remove from heat, allow to rest for a few minutes, then slice into thick strips and serve.
Tender, meaty, sticky and smoky – these baked and basted ribs are the best things this side of the border. They’re pretty messy, so it’s perfectly acceptable to throw on a bib when getting stuck into these bad boys. Recipe from the Tooheys Cooking Handbook , $39.99, available now from booksellers and online retailers.August 31, 2015, 5:12 pm
There’s a good chance you saw the word paté and immediately left the page.If you’re still with us, good, because this isn’t your average fancy French stuff. Who would’ve thought that Tooheys Old and chicken livers would be such good mates? Recipe from the Tooheys Cooking Handbook, $39.99, available now from booksellers and online retailers.August 31, 2015, 5:06 pm
The best thing about this Beer Can Chicken recipe (besides the mouthwatering chicken) is finding out which tinny you reckon works best. Beer-basting the chook from the inside out provides what can only be described as ‘epicness’. Why are you still reading this? Go and fire up the barbie. Recipe from the Tooheys Cooking Handbook, $39.99, available now from booksellers and online retailers.August 31, 2015, 4:52 pm
This delicious creamy layered raw dessert by Model Chocolate blogger Abigail O’Neill must be experienced to be believed.August 27, 2015, 2:00 am
Naked Foods is an online store, a retailer and a wholesaler of bulk certified organic and natural foods minus the packaging, bringing to life the traditional way our grandparents used to shop. They work with Bondi Harvest, two lads who are known for their outdoor, scenic cooking videos.August 27, 2015, 2:00 am