2 x 150g steaks
16 tbsp olive oil
Two garlic cloves, crushed
Eight sprigs of thyme
½Spanish onion, chopped
60g low-fat butter
300ml red wine
One chilli, finely chopped
1 tbsp melted dark chocolate
Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Place the steak in a bowl with half the olive oil, the garlic, pepper and thyme.
2. Melt the butter and add the onions, cooking until they're transparent. Add the wine and chilli; simmer until the liquid has reduced by half.
3. Steam the potatoes, adding the beans just before the potatoes are ready.
4. While the vegies are cooking, melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl in a pan of simmering water.
5. Add the chocolate to the wine and chilli mix.
6. Grill the steak for three to four minutes on each side. Remove from heat, allow to rest for a few minutes, then slice into thick strips and serve.
Become the pumpkin king in one simple bowlful. Just pop butternut cubes in the microwave with stock, cook for 20 minutes, puree and you’re done! Too easy!April 21, 2015, 2:00 am
Let your new diet bloom into something wonderful with a beautiful fig nestled in a cinnamon filo base.April 18, 2015, 2:00 am
Not all salads are green! Combine sweet fruit with salty cheese for a flavour journey across the world.April 17, 2015, 8:00 am
Close your eyes and taste Greece with this herbed calamari, quickly tossed on the grill and served up with grapes on a bean puree.April 16, 2015, 8:00 am
Rich in high-quality protein, tuna is fabulous on the grill and perfect with a mixed veg salad.April 15, 2015, 8:00 am