2 x 150g steaks
16 tbsp olive oil
Two garlic cloves, crushed
Eight sprigs of thyme
½Spanish onion, chopped
60g low-fat butter
300ml red wine
One chilli, finely chopped
1 tbsp melted dark chocolate
Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Place the steak in a bowl with half the olive oil, the garlic, pepper and thyme.
2. Melt the butter and add the onions, cooking until they're transparent. Add the wine and chilli; simmer until the liquid has reduced by half.
3. Steam the potatoes, adding the beans just before the potatoes are ready.
4. While the vegies are cooking, melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl in a pan of simmering water.
5. Add the chocolate to the wine and chilli mix.
6. Grill the steak for three to four minutes on each side. Remove from heat, allow to rest for a few minutes, then slice into thick strips and serve.
This glutinous black rice with sago, red bean, salted coconut cream, coconut crisps and confetti flowers is just a sample of what can be found at Good Food Blooms edible flowers event. The event will see a cascade of edible flowers transform Southgate’s precinct of 13 restaurants and bars during Spring Racing’s Melbourne Cup week, from 31 October until 8 November.October 7, 2015, 3:28 pm
Scott Gooding has shared his Coconut Berry Swirl Ice-Cream recipe as part of the Camp Quality’s Dine at Mine campaign, which encourages people to host their own dining event.September 28, 2015, 5:43 pm
Now that spring has sprung, it’s the perfect time to greet the sunnier days with fresh and nutritious salads for lunch or dinner so why not try this Spiced Beef, Pumpkin And Kale Salad to get you going.September 24, 2015, 4:03 pm
This Lamb Salad With Cauliflower, Carrot And Quiona recipe from beefandlamb.com.au is perfect when you’re looking to serve up something fresh and wholesome.September 24, 2015, 3:55 pm
Salads don’t need to be a dull mix of just leaves and vegetables. This scrumptious Korean Beef, Cabbage And Mushroom Salad With Gochujang Dressing from beefandlamb.com.au tastes great and is simple to make.September 24, 2015, 3:49 pm