Comfort Food at it's best.
1 tbs vegetable oil
10 thin beef sausages
2 large onions, thinly sliced
Steamed green beans, to serve
Bottled balsamic glaze, to serve
2kg potatoes, peeled, chopped
25g butter, chopped
3/4 cup hot milk
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. To make creamy mash, boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Mash potatoes. Add butter, 1/2 cup of the milk and mustard. Mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve 3 cups of the mashed potatoes for bubble and squeak. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
2. Add the remaining hot milk to remaining mash. Mix well. Cover to keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Add sausages. Cook, turning occasionally, until browned all over and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper. Reserve 2 sausages for bubble and squeak
4. Cover and refrigerate until needed. Cut the remaining sausages in half. Cover to keep warm.
5. Heat remaining oil in same large frying pan. Add onions. Cook, stirring, over medium heat, until almost soft. Return sausages to pan with onions. Cook until sausages are hot. Season with salt andpepper.
6. Serve sausages and onions on creamy mash with steamed green beans. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Balsamic glaze is reduced balsamic vinegar, available in supermarkets. If you prefer, serve gravy over sausages, and stir chopped fresh herbs into the mashed potatoes instead of mustard.
Mitch Orr of Sydney restaurant Acme created this delicious Alphabet Duck Soup recipe to celebrate Cloudy Bay ’s Pinot and Duck Trail, which officially launched on July 1.July 2, 2015, 6:02 pm
This Prawn and Burgundy Truffle Pasta, developed in conjunction with Aldi's special buys gourmet kitchen collection, is perfect for keeping you warm on a winter's night!June 26, 2015, 6:28 pm
This Immune Boosting Bone Broth recipe from aboutlife is sure to help fight colds and flu this winter.June 22, 2015, 4:18 pm
This Mi6 Belvedere martini recipe is a winner for World Martini Day with its refreshing, fragrant and zesty elements.June 18, 2015, 3:35 pm
Tangy, peppery, sweet and sour, this My Byrce Belvedere martini recipe tickles every taste bud.June 18, 2015, 2:22 pm