Comfort Food at it's best.
1 tbs vegetable oil
10 thin beef sausages
2 large onions, thinly sliced
Steamed green beans, to serve
Bottled balsamic glaze, to serve
2kg potatoes, peeled, chopped
25g butter, chopped
3/4 cup hot milk
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. To make creamy mash, boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Mash potatoes. Add butter, 1/2 cup of the milk and mustard. Mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve 3 cups of the mashed potatoes for bubble and squeak. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
2. Add the remaining hot milk to remaining mash. Mix well. Cover to keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Add sausages. Cook, turning occasionally, until browned all over and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper. Reserve 2 sausages for bubble and squeak
4. Cover and refrigerate until needed. Cut the remaining sausages in half. Cover to keep warm.
5. Heat remaining oil in same large frying pan. Add onions. Cook, stirring, over medium heat, until almost soft. Return sausages to pan with onions. Cook until sausages are hot. Season with salt andpepper.
6. Serve sausages and onions on creamy mash with steamed green beans. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Balsamic glaze is reduced balsamic vinegar, available in supermarkets. If you prefer, serve gravy over sausages, and stir chopped fresh herbs into the mashed potatoes instead of mustard.
Naked Foods is an online store, a retailer and a wholesaler of bulk certified organic and natural foods minus the packaging, bringing to life the traditional way our grandparents used to shop. They work with Bondi Harvest, two lads who are known for their outdoor, scenic cooking videos.August 27, 2015, 2:00 am
This delicious creamy layered raw dessert by Model Chocolate blogger Abigail O’Neill must be experienced to be believed.August 27, 2015, 2:00 am
Want a breakfast that packs a punch and is paleo-friendly? Try this Paleo Power Smoothie.August 27, 2015, 2:00 am
Moist, sticky and sweet… just the way banana bread should be. This recipe for one means there's more for you.August 27, 2015, 2:00 am
The Grey Goose La Boulangerie will be hitting the Sydney dining scene for two weeks only, from August 21 until September 6. If you can't make it down, celebrate in style at home with this Le Fizz cocktail.August 17, 2015, 4:46 pm