Comfort Food at it's best.
1 tbs vegetable oil
10 thin beef sausages
2 large onions, thinly sliced
Steamed green beans, to serve
Bottled balsamic glaze, to serve
2kg potatoes, peeled, chopped
25g butter, chopped
3/4 cup hot milk
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. To make creamy mash, boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Mash potatoes. Add butter, 1/2 cup of the milk and mustard. Mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve 3 cups of the mashed potatoes for bubble and squeak. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
2. Add the remaining hot milk to remaining mash. Mix well. Cover to keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Add sausages. Cook, turning occasionally, until browned all over and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper. Reserve 2 sausages for bubble and squeak
4. Cover and refrigerate until needed. Cut the remaining sausages in half. Cover to keep warm.
5. Heat remaining oil in same large frying pan. Add onions. Cook, stirring, over medium heat, until almost soft. Return sausages to pan with onions. Cook until sausages are hot. Season with salt andpepper.
6. Serve sausages and onions on creamy mash with steamed green beans. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Balsamic glaze is reduced balsamic vinegar, available in supermarkets. If you prefer, serve gravy over sausages, and stir chopped fresh herbs into the mashed potatoes instead of mustard.
This cupcake is made using Kellogg’s Froot Loops milk, but the cake itself is sprinkled with fruit loops.April 28, 2016, 5:52 pm
This tasty side dish pairs really well with any protein. Serve it with steamed rice to sop up all the delicious flavours!April 28, 2016, 2:16 pm
Just like a milkshake, only a toasty hot chocolate! If you love the chocolatey flavour in your cereal, then why not incorporate it into your late night hot chocolate?April 28, 2016, 2:15 pm
Don't be deceived! This isn't your standard schnitzel burger but rather a crunchy Kellogg’s cornflakes chicken burger. This recipe lifts the crunchy burger to new heights.April 28, 2016, 1:49 pm
Everyone loves that drop of milk leftover in your cereal bowl right? Turn that into a creamy thickshake, if you're in the mood to indulge yourself.April 28, 2016, 1:38 pm