Burrito means ‘little donkey’ in Spanish, because the neat parcels resemble the packs they carried. Here, tender beef and fresh flavours are a winning team.
1 Tbsp plain flour
1.2kg beef chuck steaks
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
30g packet taco seasoning mix
375g jar thick and chunky mild tomato salsa
400g can chopped tomatoes with tomato paste and roasted capsicum
1 cup beef stock
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
10 burrito tortillas, warmed, to serve
Grilled sliced chorizo, to serve
Guacamole, to serve
Sour cream, to serve
Cherry tomatoes, halved, to serve
Lime wedges, to serve Coriander leaves, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Put flour and beef on a large plate and toss to lightly coat.
2. Heat oil in a large, non-stick, ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Add beef and cook, in 3 batches, for 3 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer beef to a plate and set aside.
3. Add taco seasoning mix, salsa, canned tomato and capsicum, and stock to pan. Stir to combine. Add onion and garlic and bring to the boil. Add beef and bring to the boil. Cover and cook in oven for 1½ hours. Turn beef, cover and cook for a further 1 hour.
4. Transfer beef to a large wooden serving board and shred or finely slice. Return pan to stovetop and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until sauce has thickened and reduced by half.
5. Serve beef with tortillas, sauce, chorizo, guacamole, sour cream, cherry tomatoes, lime wedges and coriander leaves on the side.
For a gluten-free meal, leave out the tortillas or choose gluten-free tortillas that can be found in all supermarkets.
This cupcake is made using Kellogg’s Froot Loops milk, but the cake itself is sprinkled with fruit loops.April 28, 2016, 5:52 pm
This tasty side dish pairs really well with any protein. Serve it with steamed rice to sop up all the delicious flavours!April 28, 2016, 2:16 pm
Just like a milkshake, only a toasty hot chocolate! If you love the chocolatey flavour in your cereal, then why not incorporate it into your late night hot chocolate?April 28, 2016, 2:15 pm
Don't be deceived! This isn't your standard schnitzel burger but rather a crunchy Kellogg’s cornflakes chicken burger. This recipe lifts the crunchy burger to new heights.April 28, 2016, 1:49 pm
Everyone loves that drop of milk leftover in your cereal bowl right? Turn that into a creamy thickshake, if you're in the mood to indulge yourself.April 28, 2016, 1:38 pm