Burrito means ‘little donkey’ in Spanish, because the neat parcels resemble the packs they carried. Here, tender beef and fresh flavours are a winning team.
1 Tbsp plain flour
1.2kg beef chuck steaks
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
30g packet taco seasoning mix
375g jar thick and chunky mild tomato salsa
400g can chopped tomatoes with tomato paste and roasted capsicum
1 cup beef stock
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
10 burrito tortillas, warmed, to serve
Grilled sliced chorizo, to serve
Guacamole, to serve
Sour cream, to serve
Cherry tomatoes, halved, to serve
Lime wedges, to serve Coriander leaves, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Put flour and beef on a large plate and toss to lightly coat.
2. Heat oil in a large, non-stick, ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Add beef and cook, in 3 batches, for 3 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer beef to a plate and set aside.
3. Add taco seasoning mix, salsa, canned tomato and capsicum, and stock to pan. Stir to combine. Add onion and garlic and bring to the boil. Add beef and bring to the boil. Cover and cook in oven for 1½ hours. Turn beef, cover and cook for a further 1 hour.
4. Transfer beef to a large wooden serving board and shred or finely slice. Return pan to stovetop and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until sauce has thickened and reduced by half.
5. Serve beef with tortillas, sauce, chorizo, guacamole, sour cream, cherry tomatoes, lime wedges and coriander leaves on the side.
For a gluten-free meal, leave out the tortillas or choose gluten-free tortillas that can be found in all supermarkets.
This glutinous black rice with sago, red bean, salted coconut cream, coconut crisps and confetti flowers is just a sample of what can be found at Good Food Blooms edible flowers event. The event will see a cascade of edible flowers transform Southgate’s precinct of 13 restaurants and bars during Spring Racing’s Melbourne Cup week, from 31 October until 8 November.October 7, 2015, 3:28 pm
Scott Gooding has shared his Coconut Berry Swirl Ice-Cream recipe as part of the Camp Quality’s Dine at Mine campaign, which encourages people to host their own dining event.September 28, 2015, 5:43 pm
Now that spring has sprung, it’s the perfect time to greet the sunnier days with fresh and nutritious salads for lunch or dinner so why not try this Spiced Beef, Pumpkin And Kale Salad to get you going.September 24, 2015, 4:03 pm
This Lamb Salad With Cauliflower, Carrot And Quiona recipe from beefandlamb.com.au is perfect when you’re looking to serve up something fresh and wholesome.September 24, 2015, 3:55 pm
Salads don’t need to be a dull mix of just leaves and vegetables. This scrumptious Korean Beef, Cabbage And Mushroom Salad With Gochujang Dressing from beefandlamb.com.au tastes great and is simple to make.September 24, 2015, 3:49 pm