Kel: Since we are in one of the culinary capitals of the world… I thought I would just show the Italians how it is done. Stand back fellas… This is my spin on a classic Italian pasta dish – I call it Kel’s Spicy Sausage Fettuccine. The ladies will love it!
12 x spicy Italian sausages (bought from local butcher)
1 x packet of Latina Fresh Egg Fettuccine
50ml olive oil
2 x 400gm pureed or whole tomatoes
1 small onion – diced
2 garlic cloves – diced
½ bunch fresh picked basil leaves
1 tspn sugar
Salt and Pepper
1. Slice 3-4 sausages and cook in fry pan.
2. Add olive oil to the same fry pan, and lightly fry garlic and onions until brown.
3. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar. Cook for 10mins or until hot.
4. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine in pot of water following instructions on packet.
5. Stir in basil to sauce and plate up pasta.
6. Drizzle Napolitano sauce ‘couli-style’ onto the plate and add fresh basil on top.
7. AND since we are at the amazing Castle Orsini for a bit of extra fun… you can use any leftover sausages to make a tiara fit for a princess! Use pickled onions on toothpicks for jewels and a sprig of basil for colour!
You must watch an episode of Kath and Kim while you cook this dish. Laughing is compulsory.
Naked Foods is an online store, a retailer and a wholesaler of bulk certified organic and natural foods minus the packaging, bringing to life the traditional way our grandparents used to shop. They work with Bondi Harvest, two lads who are known for their outdoor, scenic cooking videos.August 27, 2015, 2:00 am
This delicious creamy layered raw dessert by Model Chocolate blogger Abigail O’Neill must be experienced to be believed.August 27, 2015, 2:00 am
Want a breakfast that packs a punch and is paleo-friendly? Try this Paleo Power Smoothie.August 27, 2015, 2:00 am
Moist, sticky and sweet… just the way banana bread should be. This recipe for one means there's more for you.August 27, 2015, 2:00 am
The Grey Goose La Boulangerie will be hitting the Sydney dining scene for two weeks only, from August 21 until September 6. If you can't make it down, celebrate in style at home with this Le Fizz cocktail.August 17, 2015, 4:46 pm