Kel: Since we are in one of the culinary capitals of the world… I thought I would just show the Italians how it is done. Stand back fellas… This is my spin on a classic Italian pasta dish – I call it Kel’s Spicy Sausage Fettuccine. The ladies will love it!
12 x spicy Italian sausages (bought from local butcher)
1 x packet of Latina Fresh Egg Fettuccine
50ml olive oil
2 x 400gm pureed or whole tomatoes
1 small onion – diced
2 garlic cloves – diced
½ bunch fresh picked basil leaves
1 tspn sugar
Salt and Pepper
1. Slice 3-4 sausages and cook in fry pan.
2. Add olive oil to the same fry pan, and lightly fry garlic and onions until brown.
3. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar. Cook for 10mins or until hot.
4. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine in pot of water following instructions on packet.
5. Stir in basil to sauce and plate up pasta.
6. Drizzle Napolitano sauce ‘couli-style’ onto the plate and add fresh basil on top.
7. AND since we are at the amazing Castle Orsini for a bit of extra fun… you can use any leftover sausages to make a tiara fit for a princess! Use pickled onions on toothpicks for jewels and a sprig of basil for colour!
You must watch an episode of Kath and Kim while you cook this dish. Laughing is compulsory.
Instead of reaching for calorie dense ice cream, opt for Luke Hines and Scott Gooding's clean and cool coconut and mango semifreddo.February 13, 2016, 10:15 pm
You don't have to feel guilty tucking into Luke Hines and Scott Gooding's Neapolitan ice cream cake because it's healthy and utterly delicious!February 13, 2016, 12:54 pm
These little puddings by Luke Hines and Scott Gooding have summer written all over them. They’re fresh, zesty, simple to make and oh so addictive.February 12, 2016, 6:07 pm
Want to make a cake that takes minimal time but looks and tastes as though you've been slaving in the kitchen? Make Lyndey Milan's simple chocolate fudge cake.February 12, 2016, 3:08 pm
This gorgeous pomegranate cake by Rachel Khoo deserves to be put on a pedestal. It's almost too pretty to eat!February 12, 2016, 11:37 am