Kel: Since we are in one of the culinary capitals of the world… I thought I would just show the Italians how it is done. Stand back fellas… This is my spin on a classic Italian pasta dish – I call it Kel’s Spicy Sausage Fettuccine. The ladies will love it!
12 x spicy Italian sausages (bought from local butcher)
1 x packet of Latina Fresh Egg Fettuccine
50ml olive oil
2 x 400gm pureed or whole tomatoes
1 small onion – diced
2 garlic cloves – diced
½ bunch fresh picked basil leaves
1 tspn sugar
Salt and Pepper
1. Slice 3-4 sausages and cook in fry pan.
2. Add olive oil to the same fry pan, and lightly fry garlic and onions until brown.
3. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar. Cook for 10mins or until hot.
4. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine in pot of water following instructions on packet.
5. Stir in basil to sauce and plate up pasta.
6. Drizzle Napolitano sauce ‘couli-style’ onto the plate and add fresh basil on top.
7. AND since we are at the amazing Castle Orsini for a bit of extra fun… you can use any leftover sausages to make a tiara fit for a princess! Use pickled onions on toothpicks for jewels and a sprig of basil for colour!
You must watch an episode of Kath and Kim while you cook this dish. Laughing is compulsory.
This is a visual feast, and a brilliant dish to cook up for a family breakfast on Mother’s Day. Serve it straight from the pan on a big board in the middle of the table so everyone can dig in.May 4, 2016, 3:25 pm
This cupcake is made using Kellogg’s Froot Loops milk, but the cake itself is sprinkled with fruit loops.April 28, 2016, 5:52 pm
This tasty side dish pairs really well with any protein. Serve it with steamed rice to sop up all the delicious flavours!April 28, 2016, 2:16 pm
Just like a milkshake, only a toasty hot chocolate! If you love the chocolatey flavour in your cereal, then why not incorporate it into your late night hot chocolate?April 28, 2016, 2:15 pm
Don't be deceived! This isn't your standard schnitzel burger but rather a crunchy Kellogg’s cornflakes chicken burger. This recipe lifts the crunchy burger to new heights.April 28, 2016, 1:49 pm