Kel: Since we are in one of the culinary capitals of the world… I thought I would just show the Italians how it is done. Stand back fellas… This is my spin on a classic Italian pasta dish – I call it Kel’s Spicy Sausage Fettuccine. The ladies will love it!
12 x spicy Italian sausages (bought from local butcher)
1 x packet of Latina Fresh Egg Fettuccine
50ml olive oil
2 x 400gm pureed or whole tomatoes
1 small onion – diced
2 garlic cloves – diced
½ bunch fresh picked basil leaves
1 tspn sugar
Salt and Pepper
1. Slice 3-4 sausages and cook in fry pan.
2. Add olive oil to the same fry pan, and lightly fry garlic and onions until brown.
3. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar. Cook for 10mins or until hot.
4. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine in pot of water following instructions on packet.
5. Stir in basil to sauce and plate up pasta.
6. Drizzle Napolitano sauce ‘couli-style’ onto the plate and add fresh basil on top.
7. AND since we are at the amazing Castle Orsini for a bit of extra fun… you can use any leftover sausages to make a tiara fit for a princess! Use pickled onions on toothpicks for jewels and a sprig of basil for colour!
You must watch an episode of Kath and Kim while you cook this dish. Laughing is compulsory.
The cucumber in this refreshing green smoothie from I Quit Sugar acts as a coolant in the body, perfect during the hotter months of the year.November 20, 2015, 2:00 am
This Trifle with Tropical Fruits by Anna Polyviou is the epitome of Summer, we simply cannot think of a better treat to dig into on a hot Aussie day.November 19, 2015, 1:08 pm
Packed with goodness from our very own backyard, this bush fruit Christmas cake by Rayleen Brown is a one of a kind cake you need to make this festive season.November 19, 2015, 12:52 pm
There is no better way to bring in Summer and celebrate the festive season than with Merle Parrish's light, fluffy and fruity Pavlova from The Great Australian Cookbook .November 19, 2015, 12:28 pm
This sumptuous recipe was created by Karen Martini to celebrate Better Homes and Gardens Live. For more information and tickets visit www.bhglive.com.au. Karen’s new book, New Kitchen, is also out now.November 4, 2015, 2:35 pm