Kel: Since we are in one of the culinary capitals of the world… I thought I would just show the Italians how it is done. Stand back fellas… This is my spin on a classic Italian pasta dish – I call it Kel’s Spicy Sausage Fettuccine. The ladies will love it!
12 x spicy Italian sausages (bought from local butcher)
1 x packet of Latina Fresh Egg Fettuccine
50ml olive oil
2 x 400gm pureed or whole tomatoes
1 small onion – diced
2 garlic cloves – diced
½ bunch fresh picked basil leaves
1 tspn sugar
Salt and Pepper
1. Slice 3-4 sausages and cook in fry pan.
2. Add olive oil to the same fry pan, and lightly fry garlic and onions until brown.
3. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar. Cook for 10mins or until hot.
4. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine in pot of water following instructions on packet.
5. Stir in basil to sauce and plate up pasta.
6. Drizzle Napolitano sauce ‘couli-style’ onto the plate and add fresh basil on top.
7. AND since we are at the amazing Castle Orsini for a bit of extra fun… you can use any leftover sausages to make a tiara fit for a princess! Use pickled onions on toothpicks for jewels and a sprig of basil for colour!
You must watch an episode of Kath and Kim while you cook this dish. Laughing is compulsory.
Mitch Orr of Sydney restaurant Acme created this delicious Alphabet Duck Soup recipe to celebrate Cloudy Bay ’s Pinot and Duck Trail, which officially launched on July 1.July 2, 2015, 6:02 pm
This Prawn and Burgundy Truffle Pasta, developed in conjunction with Aldi's special buys gourmet kitchen collection, is perfect for keeping you warm on a winter's night!June 26, 2015, 6:28 pm
This Immune Boosting Bone Broth recipe from aboutlife is sure to help fight colds and flu this winter.June 22, 2015, 4:18 pm
This Mi6 Belvedere martini recipe is a winner for World Martini Day with its refreshing, fragrant and zesty elements.June 18, 2015, 3:35 pm
Tangy, peppery, sweet and sour, this My Byrce Belvedere martini recipe tickles every taste bud.June 18, 2015, 2:22 pm