- Preparation time:
- 20 mins
- Cooking time:
- 35 mins
- 1 cup of apple crisps and 1 cup of pear crisps Makes
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 Packham pear
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 330ml bottle apple cider
- 1 cup caster sugar
- Using a mandolin or a very sharp knife, cut apple and pear into very thin slices and put in a large bowl. Cover with water and add lemon juice.
- Put cider and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat and cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to the boil.
- Drain fruit and add, 1 slice at a time, to sugar syrup. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes or until fruit is transparent. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 large oven trays with baking paper. Using tongs, remove fruit,
- slice at a time, from syrup and dry on paper towel. Arrange fruit on prepared trays and bake for 20-25 minutes or until crisp. Allow to cool on trays. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
These crisps are also delicious with a glass of sherry or pre-dinner drinks. If they go a little soft, just reheat in the oven to crisp up again.