- Renovation & Decorating
- How To
- Health & Family
- Home Beautiful
Kent is a popular variety, also known as the Jap pumpkin. It has ribbed green skin covered with yellow flecks and is perfect for roasting, boiling and steaming.
1. Heat oil and butter in a large deep saucepan over a medium heat. When butter is melted, add onion and cook for 4 minutes or until soft. Stir in cinnamon and allspice. Add pumpkin, chestnuts and apple and stir until well combined.
2. Pour stock, water and syrup over vegetable mixture and bring to the boil. Simmer for 25 minutes or until pumpkin and chestnuts are softened.3. Using a stick blender or food processor, puree soup until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls and top with dollops of sour cream. Sprinkle over nuts and chives. Serve soup with slices of buttered toast.
- Top 10 Autumn bloomers
- Timber decks for outdoor living
- Keeping chickens at home
- Edible produce with delicious recipes
BONUS 32 page Before & After Kitchen Special
- Amazing kitchen Makeovers and clever solutions for every budget
- Design you bedroom for blissful sleep
- Bathroom style secrets
- Quick and healthy meals
- Exclusive bulb offer!
- Fabulous fake deco tips
- Best pizza recipe!
- How to give your front yard a face lift