- Renovation & Decorating
- How To
- Health & Family
- Home Beautiful
We have sweet and savoury adaptions you can use with this basic scone recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Sift flour into a large bowl. Add butter and, using your fingertips, rub into flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. 2. Make a well in centre of flour mixture. Add milk and use a butter knife to mix until mixture comes together to form a soft, loose dough. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead for about 30 seconds or until smooth.3. Dust an oven tray with extra flour. Using the palm of your hand, press dough into a 2cm-thick round. Cut out 12 rounds using a 5cm cutter. Put rounds, spaced 1cm apart, on prepared tray. Dust tops with extra flour. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm, or at room temperature, with jam and cream.
- Top 10 Autumn bloomers
- Timber decks for outdoor living
- Keeping chickens at home
- Edible produce with delicious recipes
BONUS 32 page Before & After Kitchen Special
- Amazing kitchen Makeovers and clever solutions for every budget
- Design you bedroom for blissful sleep
- Bathroom style secrets
- Quick and healthy meals
- Exclusive bulb offer!
- Fabulous fake deco tips
- Best pizza recipe!
- How to give your front yard a face lift