- Renovation & Decorating
- How To
- Health & Family
- Home Beautiful
November 12, 2009, 5:18 pm Yahoo!7
Follow these easy steps to make your own Christmas stocking.
School holidays are upon us and if you're looking for some great ideas to keep the kids occupied why not try this great Christmas stocking design from Eckersley's. It will keep the kids occupied for ages and then when they're done you can try one of these other great project ideas.
25cm of white ribbon1 x Rapid glue gun*
15cm white ribbon per stockingHow to:
1. Create a stocking template - we recommend approx. 40cm (h) by 25cm (w). You can download and print templates from the Stocking project on the Eckersley's website. Please note: The templates have been scaled down to fit on an A4 size sheet. Scale the templates to how large you would like your stocking to be.
2. Cut out the paper templates.
3. Use templates to cut out felt pieces from your red and white felt squares – 2 x red main (sock body) sections and 2 x white top sections. Note the colours and number of pieces indicated on each template.
4. Take 1 red main and 1 white top and stick together using a hot glue gun. White top onto red main – overlapping 1.5cm. Repeat with the other red main and white top. Overlapping 1.5cm. Repeat with the other red main sock body and white top.
5. Stick edges of the two stocking halves together except for the top section. Attach the white ribbon on the inside of the top of your stocking, long enough to hang from your desired location.6. Plan your design and decorate your stocking! See our website for further instructions on how to make the decorations of our three cover stockings – striped with pom poms, Dad’s golf stocking or flowers and butterflies for Mum.
Ed has a simple recipe that will have you...
The team is in Melbourne to check out the hottest...
- Top 10 Autumn bloomers
- Timber decks for outdoor living
- Keeping chickens at home
- Edible produce with delicious recipes
BONUS 32 page Before & After Kitchen Special
- Amazing kitchen Makeovers and clever solutions for every budget
- Design you bedroom for blissful sleep
- Bathroom style secrets
- Quick and healthy meals
- Exclusive bulb offer!
- Fabulous fake deco tips
- Best pizza recipe!
- How to give your front yard a face lift